Monday, June 18, 2012

Beyond grateful and sooo excited!!!

So I decided I would share the wonderful things that have fallen together in the last couple weeks.  I cannot express how overwhelmingly grateful I feel today in thinking about how blessed we are.  Last week we were officially approved to move into a new place.  This was officially done without David having his "official" job offer(s) yet.  The lady at the front office of the apartments was so nice and literally took a leap of faith.  So that was the first thing that made me feel good (knowing we had a place to move/live).  And it is a 3 bedroom, so Emma and Caellum can have their own rooms.  


Second thing that happens is David gets a call today that he got the job as a videographer for lawyer depositions.  It is part-time but pays $30 an hour...which means David attending school full time (online) this Fall is totally doable.  He also could work for Wells Fargo (his good friend works in HR for the Phoenix district) but it would be hard working 40 hours a week and going to school full time + a new baby.  The past two months have been hard because I am pregnant, David has been unemployed and we did not know where we were moving.  I get strong impressions that we are moving where we are supposed to and David is going to be working where he is supposed to.  


So we are moving June 30th.  Emma's birthday is July 1st.  And our sealing date is set for August 3rd.  Sheesh!  And I thought this was going to be a relaxing summer.  Little did I know!  I feel like our faith and patience has been tested a lot these past months.  I have to thank my family and friends who have been supportive and helped us (you know who you are).  From the bottom of my heart, thank you.


So the past few days I have been busy packing and cleaning. I even managed to squeeze in refinishing some bookshelves.  These shelves were given to us.  Initially they had dated 80's molding which David tore off and we painted the outside frame and shelves black.  They were going in the bedroom, so with all the books/accessories we kind of hid that they were...well, crappy.  I decided to bust out some paint and antiquing glaze and make them even crappier looking (but somehow they look better) hehe.  Shabby/chic and ready to be out in the living room in the new place!!  Here are some pictures...
Okay, EW.  David started painting the sides already, but do you see the lovely over spray inside from the black spray paint?  I wish I had a picture when they were all brown with the rounded 80's molding.
This is in the process of painting while I start freaking out because it looked white.  But everyone knows paint dries differently.  It is a really pale pale blue that ended up looking great with the antiquing glaze/distressing.
Wala!  My camera is crappy and really alters the color.  They look a tad more blue in person.  But I love how they turned out!  I was nervous because I had never used the glaze before.  Notice the weathered look it gave it?  And I added some along the edges to give the distressed look.  I can't wait to accessorize/add books to this piece!  Now I want to do more! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment